Saturday, June 02, 2007

Psychologist encourages children to have sex and take drugs

I first heard about this while radio channel surfing. I landed on the Radio Factor, Bill O'Reilly's show. Not something I pay much attention to, but it was a local station and I was listening for news about a possible tropical storm. Anyway, I heard this piece about a high school in Boulder, Colorado which held a mandatory assembly of children at which a psychologist told them (it was recorded) "I am going to encourage you to have sex and encourage you to use drugs appropriately." 

My first reaction was "Here we go again, the media sensationalizing something or making up a story." But as the piece went on and I heard the recording of what the psychologist was saying, I was appalled.  

I am more informed about the agenda of psychiatry and psychology than the average person, but even I was stunned that the school principal allowed this to go on and that very few parents have complained about it. If it had been my kids I would have demanded the resignation of everyone involved with allowing this. 

One very telling quote from the psychologist, Joel Becker,

"We all experiment. It's very natural for young people to experiment with same-sex relationships. When you are 13, 12... one of the most appropriate sexual behaviors would be masturbation. Even today, there are psychiatrists who will do sessions under the influence of ecstasy. If I had some maybe I'd do it with someone, but you know." 

In any other profession, being under the influence of an illegal drug while dealing with your clients would get you thrown in jail, disbarred or at least fired, but according to Becker it's quite normal behavior for a psychiatrist or psychologist.  

But actually it's worse than that. Let's not forget the fact that a psychiatrist or psychologist is there to (supposedly) help the person who is paying them for their services. What sort of base betrayal is it to pretend to "help" someone while being stoned? It is little wonder that the commonest treatment handed out by psychiatrists is drugs.

One last point: According to WorldNet Daily, Joel Becker is an associate clinical professor of psychology at the University of California at Los Angeles, and when you consider the history of Dr. Louis Jolyon "Jolly" West at the Neuropsychiatric Institute at UCLA, the fact that Becker is pushing destructive drugs on kids is not very surprising. 

Anyway, here is more on what happened:

No comments: