Monday, January 03, 2011

Trouble with Google

This is bad news and possible good news at the same time.

Google has a virtual monopoly on search. One sign of this is that there are people who blog exclusively about how to SEO Google and ignore everyone else because "everyone else" has such a low market share.

But last year, Google's search results began to deteriorate and it has been noticed: Trouble In the House of Google.

I sort of noticed it myself because a month or so ago I got fed up with not finding what I wanted on Google and I switched to Bing as my primary search provider.

So on the one hand, it is bad news that search results from "the" search engine are deteriorating but on the other hand maybe it will mean the end of the Google monopoly and the start of more options. Personally I'd like to see more choices.

No comments: