Sunday, September 10, 2006

You must read this book


Every now and then you come across a life-changing book. For me the first one was "Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health". That led to a much happier life for me and my loved ones.

Well, I just came across another book in the area of nutrition that for me is the "Dianetics" of nutrition. It's called the China Study. It is the book my wife read that persuaded us to go vegan. While she was reading it she would read bits to me and that alone was enough to convince me that we needed to change our diet. Now I'm reading it myself and I feel strongly that, just like Dianetics, it is a book every one needs to read.

The three biggest killers in America today are Heart Diseases, Cancer and (believe it or not) Medical Care. If you read the China Study you will see the obvious solution to the first two and the means of avoiding the third. (By-the-way, that 1,2, 3 list comes from the Journal of the American Medical Association, so even the doctors admit that their drugs and mistakes kill a quarter of a million people a year.)

No comments: