Saturday, April 07, 2007

I had to spring for a new laptop

Well my old laptop finally croaked. Or rather the hard-drive started to fall apart. I managed to save most of my data. I had made backups and a friend helped me plug the old hard-drive into another computer so I could recover what data wasn't corrupted. When I saw how easy it was to take the drive out and stick it into another machine I decided I would just buy a new drive for my laptop.

So I did: I put it into the laptop and loaded Windows XP - and it works!

But, I did use the situation as an excuse to get a new laptop. It's a Toshiba Satellite with a 2 core processor, two hard drives, 2G of RAM, etc. and it has Windows Vista Business.

I've heard some people who have reservations about Vista, but I'm finding it to be great. What a huge improvement over earlier versions of Windows.

So, I'm happy and so is my wife who got my old laptop!

No comments: