Monday, February 23, 2004

New Year's Resolution #1


Well, I did it. I got my BMI down to 23 from 25 by losing 15lbs. According to this BMI calculator that is my ideal BMI.

So, how did I do it? I ate a diet of donuts and twinkies - just kidding. I didn't so much change what I was eating but how I was eating it. Instead of eating a large breakfast, lunch and dinner, I had a smaller breakfast, a mid-morning snack, a smaller lunch, a mid-afternoon snack, a smaller dinner and a late-night snack. This is similar to the South-Beach Diet. I also ate no carbs for the first week and a half.

I don't eat wheat, corn or potatoes and I stick to the Blood Type Diet recommendations. I also inadvertently started combining my foods better. This wasn't really a conscious choice at first, it just tasted better to not have carbohydrates with proteins. So for breakfast, lunch and dinner I have meat and vegetables (often salad) and for evening snack (supper) I have manna bread or oats or something like that. This seems to work really well. I actually prefer the meat and veg during the day and the carbs at night, and from the fact I've lost 15lbs, it is clearly working.

I hope this is helpful to anyone attempting to lose weight.

No comments: