Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Presidential Candidate Worth Voting For!

I'm not a very political person. I'm an independent because I'm issues oriented, not party oriented. Frankly most of the yak I hear between the Republicans and Democrats sounds like sports fans arguing. "My side is right and yours is wrong." 

I'm also a skeptic when it comes to politicians and what they say. I'm interested in actions not words. So, as you'd probably expect, I've shown very little interest in the 2008 election. I have not been very happy with any of the candidates. Perhaps they are good entertainers and fund raisers, but are they any good when it comes to civil rights and actually serving the people? 

So, I was very pleasantly surprised when Representative Ron Paul announced he would be running for President. Here is a guy who contradicts the oxymoron "honest politician". He actually is an honest politician! He's a man who isn't afraid to tell the truth about the blatant attempts to remove our civil rights (e.g., the Patriot Act). He's a man with guts and a most unlikely candidate given that most people who get to the level of running for President have already sold their souls to vested interests and big donors several times over. 

So to cut a long blog post short: get busy! Support Ron Paul for President in 2008!

No comments: